Ok, so things are finally coming together!
There have been a ton of questions as to what the hell is going on, and the key point to remember is semi-organized, highly organic, chaos
Q: How do I get a hold of you?
A: Easy! You can find me on skype (ID: sourcetoad), or you can give me a call - 813-679-0873 or email me at email@example.com or twitter @gregdrm
Q: What is the schedule?
- Monday, March 5th - 6pm: Launch Party! Drinks, fun and getting to know each other.
- Tuesday, March 6th - 8am: On the bus and off we go. Pitch ideas, form teams and start work. Arrive late in Atlanta, GA for some good times and coworking space. Facebook Event for Dinner + Hacking Event in Atlanta
- Wednesday, March 7th: Off early and back on the bus. Work all day and stop for lunches, dinners and bathroom breaks along the way to Baton Rouge, LA. That night we'll meet up with the Ohio, NY, Boston buses for a party and networking. Hotels are organized.
- Thursday, March 8th: Off again and the biggest hack push. We'll arrive in San Antonio for a StartupBus party with all the other buses.
- Friday, March 9th: Hopefully doing a tour of the Rackspace facility, and then off to Austin.
- Saturday, March 10th: Your day to do whatever you want. Most likely it will be finishing touches and video pitches to see who gets to the finals.
- Sunday, March 11th: Daylight Savings Time begins, and at 3pm it's the big final pitch in the Hilton downtown Austin (part of SXSW’s Startup Village).
- Thursday, March 15th: After Party in Tampa
Q: What is this all going to cost?
A: That depends on you! The tickets for the bus are $299, that pays for about half the bus (they're really expensive) the other half is going to be covered by sponsors. The first night we're going to be in Atlanta. We're looking for sponsors, but worst case, plan on $50 tops. The second night in Baton Rouge is going to be taken care of by the city. So that's on the house. The third night in San Antonio is still being worked on with National - I'll let you know asap.
Q: Where & will we stop along the way? At hotels? How often?
A: See the above schedule and payment stuff, but we'll be stopping for meals, breaks and hopefully some fun. You will be on the bus most of the time though... fun, fun, fun.
Q: Do we also need to find accommodations in Austin? I've heard a Startup House mentioned in Austin - do we stay there?
A: Once we get to Austin, we're going to have a few options. There is talk of getting some space outside of the city and then organizing buses into Austin. You can also get your own place, stay with friends or whatever you'd like... it's an adventure so be prepared to A) Not sleep and just work, B) Sleep on a couch, floor, bar. We're still working on Startup House. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Q: What does our route look like?
A: Pretty much exactly like this: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=209416331462502731012.0004b96ca209b25b49dd6
Q: Does the bus bring us back from Austin as well, or do we fly back?
A: Getting back home is your job. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay on the bus. I just booked a flight on American for $180, so that's really good!
Q: Will it be any problem that I'm leading a session on Monday in Austin?
A: Not at all. Can we all come?
Q: Of the Developer/Designer/Business categories…what shoes are you looking for me to fill?
A: That's going to be up to you and your team!
Q: Who else is on board?
A: Only the best and brightest minds in the Florida (and even some internationals) in the IT field. The mix is going to be something like 70% hackers, 20% designers and 10% Biz Dev. So if you are a Biz Dev person you had to be pretty special to be picked (not that the others aren't special).
Q: What's the most successful venture you've seen launched from the bus?
A: That's a little personal, but I did get a crazy anti-social network funded: http://frenemy.me
Q: The invite and accepted emails come directly from firstname.lastname@example.org - what do I do about payment?
A: The payment system is now up and running. You should get an email soon with instructions on payment.
Q: What's next?
A: I'm going to try and do a Skype conference on Thursday the 23rd Feb to answer any more questions.
Text for a blog post/email: http://bit.ly/subflorida
Sponsorship information: http://bit.ly/subflsponsors